This is super adorable.
I forgot about this, but back during Christmas Break, I put Star Trek in front of my cat to see what he would do. To my surprise, he actually did watch it. However, he only seemed mildly entertained - that is, until Scotty started talking. Then my cat actually paused the episode and stared at him. He just stared at Scotty and wouldn’t let me press play for, like, four or five minutes. After that, he watched for a while, but gradually lost interest and started dozing, only looking up when he heard Scotty’s voice.
Can someone please explain to me why my cat loves Scotty so much? Was James Doohan secretly some sort of magical cat whisperer? What is this?
i think your cat has a crush
I’ve probably talked about each of them individually, but I thought it’d be a good idea to get the whole group in one post:
- Frodo: Settled down in Bag End and wrote his book before sailing west to Valinor in the year 3021 TA (aged 53.)
- Sam: Returned to the Shire and married Rosie Cotton. They had 13 children. He served as mayor of the Shire for 7 consecutive 7-year terms (so, 49 years total), and lived in Bag End after Frodo sailed to Valinor. After Rosie died in the year 61 FO, Sam sailed west to Valinor himself (aged 82)
- Merry: Returned to the Shire and married Estella Bolger. He was Master of Buckland after his father and wrote several scholarly books. In the year 64 FO he and Pippin travelled to Rohan at Eomer’s invitation and stayed with him until the king died. They then went to Minas Tirith, where they lived with Aragorn until their deaths several years later (aged 103+)
- Pippin: Returned to the Shire and married Diamond of Long Cleeve and had at least one son (Faramir.) He became the Thain of the Shire after his father, and collected an impressive library. In the year 64 FO he and Merry travelled to Rohan at Eomer’s invitation and stayed with him until the king died. They then went to Minas Tirith, where they lived with Aragorn until their deaths several years later (aged 95+)
- Aragorn: He became king of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor and married Arwen. They had a son, Eldarion, and many daughters. He did many things, including renewing the Oath of Cirion and Eorl with Eomer, naming Faramir Prince of Ithilien, and expanding the borders of the Shire. He died in the year 120 FO, buried alongside Merry and Pippin (aged 210.)
- Legolas: He and Gimli visited the Glittering Caves and Fangorn Forest. Then Legolas brought a group of elves from Mirkwood to help restore Ithilien. After Aragorn died in the year 120 FO, he built a ship and he and Gimli sailed down the Anduin and west to Valinor (aged ???.)
- Gimli: He and Legolas visited the Glittering Caves and Fangorn Forest. Then Gimli brought a group of dwarves from Erebor to the Glittering Caves, where he was lord. They did many impressive works for Gondor and Rohan, including building steel and mithril gates for Minas Tirith. After Aragorn died in the year 120 FO, he and Legolas sailed down the Anduin and west to Valinor - the only dwarf to do so (aged 262.)
SOURCES: LOTR Appendices